Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Baby Showers, Pajama Jeans, 100 Calories of Sadness and Fabio

This is actually supposed to be for six things Thursday, but it’s Wednesday and I wrote it today so even though it doesn’t involve alliteration, this is 6 Things Wednesday.

1.       This weekend I went to a wedding shower. It was a lovely event if you enjoy quiche and miniature cupcakes, but it really got me thinking about a related issue. There were so many women at this thing because the bride is one of those charming social butterflies that everyone loves. I barely have enough female friends to support a doubles tennis game. Who’s going to come to my theoretical baby shower? I’m not interested in wedding showers, but baby showers seem almost like a necessity.  I’m going to have to have one of those weird co-ed baby showers and lure my male friends there with promises of beer. My baby shower is going to have a keg, I just know it.

2.       This just in: those Pajama Jeans I was so excited about? Well, they suck. The problem is that they’re a lot more jeans than pajamas. Really, just stretchy denim with a drawstring. What I was looking for was, I don’t know, denim colored sweatpants? Majorly disappointing.  

3.      . Tomorrow I am missing a Kenny Rogers concert because I have a midterm paper due in the one class I’m taking. This is more disappointing than Pajama Jeans. I have seriously considered dropping the class so that I can go, but I’ve already written the paper, so I think I’ll just accept the harsh reality that I will not get to see Mr. Rogers up close and personal. I will console myself with the fact that  all of his terrible plastic surgery has got to be distracting anyway.

4.      I’m on a diet. Again. Weight Watchers. Again. And I have more weight to lose than ever before so the 3.5 lbs I lost last week didn’t even really make a dent. I mean, it’s better than nothing, but if we’re talking percentages well…we’re not going to talk percentages. Anyway, this means that I think about food pretty much constantly and keep asking men what they’re eating and what it tastes like and to please describe it to me. It also means that I am dealing with the harsh reality of daily salads and 100 calorie packs, which are, no matter what is in them, 100 calories of sadness. I get to the bottom of one of those little sacks and am just shocked, shocked that there isn’t anymore.

5.     .  Game of Thrones is coming back on in just a few short weeks. This is the opposite of Pajama Jeans. This is terribly exciting. Also terribly exciting is that George R.R. Martin is writing another book and if we’re lucky, he’ll live to publish it.


6.      My friend Monica met Fabio at our local health food store and discussed the importance of high quality, nutrient dense foods and homeopathy. I am more than a little jealous that I was not there to get a picture so that this story would be “I met Fabio at the health food store”, but I don’t think that I would have found anything to talk about with him. I am interested in his hair care regime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment