Friday, March 21, 2014

What's in your purse?



So after a couple of years of cramming all of my crap into one of the smaller Kate Spade Sam purses that haven’t been popular in 15 years (I grabbed hold of that trend and refused to let go), I finally broke down and brought myself an incredibly spacious purse. I could easily keep a small dog in this purse. It’s practically luggage. And I love it, but it’s easy to lose track of all the stuff that I cram in there.  So in the spirit of voyeurism, let’s play, what’s in your purse today?

Keys

Wallet

A Hairbrush (not one of those little ones you get with free gift with purchase at the Estee Lauder counter either, a full size one)

Some really decrepit looking tampons

Glasses I never use

A ticket stub from seeing Dave Barry at the Granada several months ago

Some really cheap Cotton Candy scented body spray. It’s actually quite a refreshing scent. The brand is called “Body Fantasies Signature.” I know, I'm a classy lady.

My Weight Watchers weigh-in card

Inexplicably, some crumpled wax paper. I have no idea of the origin of this item

Birth control

Tweezers (when I’m bored at work, I like to break up the monotony by going into the bathroom to tweeze my brows)

Several receipts

Spare change

A Jiffy Lube coupon

A recipe for corn casserole (a DELICIOUS recipe, by the way. I know we hate Paula Deen these days, but she really does have a way with butter and sour cream.)

2 heart shaped lollipops and a Valentine ’s Day card from my favorite little friend, Kira.

Bubblegum flavored lip gloss (between this and the cotton candy body spray, this is starting to resemble the purse of a slutty 15 year old)

My Kindle (that I love, love, love. It’s amazing.)

Burt’s Bees lip balm

A Slinky (really. There’s a Slinky in my purse. Your guess is as good as mine. I mean, I know where it came from, but not why it’s in my purse. In case I need to do some spur of the moment slinkying?)

That’s all. I’m really glad we did this. Now my purse is clean and all of you got a little taste of what a complete slob I am. My purse on wheels (my car) is even more astounding in its messiness, but we’ll save that for another day. So, y’all, what’s in your purse?


No comments:

Post a Comment